Thursday 28 February 2008

Not going that well

Hello World.

A week has gone by and I have found my self back on Facebook . Things seem to have continued in the same vain as before, I have found my self compulsively checking it every so often, at work.

I have found if I have a reason I check it even more, a met someone at the movies the other night who I quite liked and I kept checking my Facebook , checking for a reply for their message, it wasnt good as I kept thinking about it.

The drip, drip, drip of the mini-feed kept calling me, the subtle call and lure of the digital slot machine.

I wonder if it was such a good idea to go back on to the system? Maybe I am just one of those people where my only healing from an addiction is to cut it out completely?

All or nothing?

What are your thoughts on this? Write to me and tell me about your experiences. How do you manage to limit your msn messenger time, Facebook and other dating and chat sites? Do you feel like these sites take over your free time?

I do think sometimes its nice to sit and chat to people, but wasting time is a different story, when you have a list a mile long of other important things to do, like drawing, washing, tidying up!

I do think I will continue to try wean my self off this, but during my week off from Facebook , I felt I was disconnected and isolated, there was definitely an overwhelming sense of being with-out something.

I do believe it is connected to my need to feel connected to other people, something I am planning on tackeling in the next few months, with maybe some kind of therapy or assistance from a skilled professional.

I want to be able to live my life and not rely on digital technology to feel close to people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, how is ur addiction to facebook coming along? I have found what helps me is writing a long list of all the worthwhile/ fun/ interesting things I could be doing other than wasting time on fb (e.g sitting with family, phoning a friend, voluntary work, reading a book or magazine, keeping fit by swimming and going to the gym). I also made a schedule for how long I need to spend on fb for what I wish to use fb for (keeping in touch with friends- 1 and 1/2 hours a week).

This has really helped! Anyway hope you are getting on fine!