Sunday 25 July 2010

How to cure your Facebook addiction?

So it has been a couple of years now since I wrote about my horrendous addiction to social media. And anyone who has read my blog will know that I am directly involved in this kind of work as I am a web designer. However, recently, I have started working from home as I left full time employment.

It has become abundantly clear that I have a bit of a problem again, as I find my self obsessively checking Facebook, or spending hours and hours connected to it.

I have decided to formulate a plan to cure my self of this incessant addition.

Here is my plan:

Step 1: Give a close friend your user-name and password.
Step 2: Get your friend to login and change your password.
Step 3: Get your friend to write the new password on a bit of paper and put it in an envelope.
Step 4: Have your friend change the email address on your account so you are unable to reset the password.
Step 5: Agree a time scale, of when they will unlock your account. 1 month, 2 months etc

And if you really want to be even more sure you cant get the password out of your friend, ask them to get a close friend to change the password to something else.

Good luck, trying to deal with it.

Please comment if you have this problem or you have ideas on how to stop this addiction.



No comments: