Saturday 19 July 2008

The Angel, I saw

One dark and cold night, I drove alone and silent. The winding road took me up and down and over and under, passing the cold and wet grassy fields, the smell of moss in my nostrils, the feeling of loneliness in my heart.

I could see the mountains in the distance, dark and mysterious, standing tall like giants, the wind was blowing and twisting around my face as I flew along the dark road, alone and cold.
As I moved up the road and over the dale, the air began to crackle with electricity, the smell of burnt amber lay thick in the air, just above the mountain I could see a warm glow and dark red and amber glow. I thought it was a fire, I thought that maybe the farm on the other side of the mountain was on fire, that the land was burning.

I pulled the car over, and stopped on the side of the road and got out. I sat on the bonnet of my car, and pulled out cigarettes, unwrapped them I had got from the glove box and opened it, smelling the tobacco, breathing in the fresh and warms scent, that I had grown used to.
A loud rumble came from behind the mountain, I looked up, and with out warning, a being of pure light, rose up, as big as the mountain its self, up and up higher and higher, its arms and wings spread, like a giant eagle. It hung in the air, with its chin up, looking to the heavens.

Giant wings beating, and twisting in the air, the clouds swirled and mixed around it. Suddenly it became a pillar of brilliant bright light, the pillar hit the ground and hit the sky, and with out warning, it was gone, deep in to space.


No comments: